Thursday, July 12, 2012


S -  Isaiah 12:1-3 (NASB)

“ I will give thanks to You, O Lord;
For although You were angry with me,
Your anger is turned away,
And You comfort me.
“Behold, God is my salvation,
I will trust and not be afraid;
For the Lord God is my strength and song,
And He has become my salvation.”
Therefore you will joyously draw water
From the springs of salvation.

O - Isaiah continues to speak of prophesy to the people of Israel who are about to be exiled (or already are).    His words speaks of the coming messiah and all that he will do , and then here he shares what the peoples righteous response will be.  God is persistently pursuing his people to come back to Him and though he has had to discipline and correct them along the way it was always designed to turn them toward Him.  The attitude prophesied of here is one of giving thanks to the Lord,  trusting in him, and drawing from him the strength and courage to stay close to him.

A -  Isaiah speaks to me about my own attitude.  For I am on the other side of this prophesy.  Jesus has come and paid the price for my salvation, and has given me a restored relation with God, that for many years I walked without.   I must daily choose to draw from this well of salvation, and choose to attitude to be one of gratefulness.  

P - Dear heavenly Father, help me to change my attitude and makea  disciplined decision to submit my thoughts to you that they may be holy and pleasing to you, that I might draw strength from you.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment