Monday, July 16, 2012

Freedom to walk in the Lord's provision


Freedom to walk in the Lord's provision
 S - Heb 13:5-6 (NASB)
What will man do to me?”



Make sure that your character is free from the love of money,being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, “ will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you,” so that we confidently say,
“ The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid.


O -  Being content in all things is one thing we are all called to do.  This is such an essential trait for all Christians to have in order to walk with Christ and witness to the world.   Paul explains the reason and confidence in the promise that we can walk in order to once and for all be free from the love of money because regardless of having little or having much, the Lord will be there to take care of what we truly need and he will never leave us alone, as long as we don't leave him.   


A -  The application for me during this season of my life is to recognize I have reach a plateau where money is no longer a concern of mine the way it was when I was in college.    I have achieved many career goals, but the transition out of the Navy has me again worried about  a  financial time in the future in which life will change.   Verse 6 is my exhortation to recognize all along the Lord is my helper I shall not be afraid , especially of man , but rely confidently in God and his provision.


P -  Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your continued provision in my life.   Help me Lord to rid myself of all anxiety and fear of your provision both for my calling and for the well being of myself and my family.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen. 





No comments:

Post a Comment