Thursday, July 21, 2022

The Lord's compassion and mercy

​S-James5:10-11 NIV

10 Brothers and sisters, as an example of patience in the face of suffering, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord.11 As you know, we count as blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job’s perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy.

O-It takes patience in suffering to trust in the Lord ad his ways.  Job is set as an example of patience in suffering for us.  For the Lord has not promised us a life free of suffering but does have compassion and mercy over us and all the circumstances we face.

A -  So I am to take on Job's example and despite my suffering and loss I am to hold on tightly to God and his mercy.  I am today also inspired by my wife Abby who has endured many periods of suffering , including ones due to my sin.   She always reaches for God's hand and waits patiently for God's deliverance.  I too want to be that person before God and my family.

P - Dear heavenly father thank you for today's lesson may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray that you would give me patient endurance in my trials and would speak wisdom and truth into my life as I try to undue the wrongs I have done in my sin.  I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment