Monday, July 25, 2022

Love covers sin

​S-1Petet 4:7-10 Niv

The end of all things is near. Therefore be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray. Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. 10 Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms

O-Peter's exhortation here is to the believers on how they are to behave , despite circumstances that are troubling.   He says above all love each other deeply because this covers a multitude of sins.  This love is a love that comes from living a saved life and therefore wants to see others saved and the saved redeemed.  God's love is from where our love comes and now that we are not separated from God we are free to love as He loves.  

A - The application for me is to love those in my life and around me so that I might live a life full of the love of God.  I am to love my wife and daughters everyday with this love.   I am to achieve this by being of sober mind and praying for God's guidance and strength.  

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  Help me to cover my sins with your love and to love others as you do.  I pray for the strength to walk each day in your love and through that know how to love my family and others well.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment