Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Habits of effective Christians

​S-2 Peter 1:5-8 Niv

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control;and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love.For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ

O- These are the seven progressive habits of highly effective christians.  With them one becomes increasing effective as a servant of Jesus Christ.  You start with faith in Christ and add to it goodness in deeds and attitude. To goodness we add knowledge of the Lord and His ways.  To knowledge we learn and practice self control of our actions and thoughts wanting them to be pure and Christ like.  To self control and perseverance of trials we face in this world.  To perseverance you add godliness as we learn to live christ like existences. To godliness we learn mutual affections with our fellow man and to this we add genuine godly love of those around us.

A - The Lord has laid this verse before me many a times to contemplate in hopes of living it out.   I know I fall short often of God's best for my life and need to look to this scripture to work on the attributes of and effective christian.   I am struggling today to live a life of perseverance and my faith is at a low period.  But I still come before the Lord dedicating my life to live in a manner that is good and pleasing to Him.

P- Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart. I pray Lord that you would give me with the wisdom and fortitude to live out this scripture of progressively coming to live a Christ like life.  I pray this in Jesus name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment