Saturday, July 23, 2022

Riding myself of deceit

​S-1 Peter 2:1-3 Niv

Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind. Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.

O- The process of changing as a Christian from ways of the flesh to ways of the Lord is outlined here by Peter.  We are to rid ourselves of malice and deceit, hypocrisy, envy and slander in order to live as Christ had freed us to do. Born again like new born babies we are to crave spiritual milk to grow and develop ourselves as Christ' embassodors in this world. 

A -  The application for me is to take the time to contemplate my own behaviors that have malice, deceit, hypocrisy, envy or slander and get rid of them in my head and heart.   I especially resonate with the need to get rid of all deceipt in my life and living a life of Truth.  I must rely on the Holy Spirit to reveal in me my deceipt and guide me a way to walk in the truth.  

P -  Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you help me rid myself of all these negative character traits, especially that of deceit.  I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment