Friday, July 29, 2022

As Far as East is to the West

​s-Isaiah 59:1-2 niv

59 Surely the arm of the Lord is not too short to save,
    nor his ear too dull to hear.
But your iniquities have separated
    you from your God;
your sins have hidden his face from you,
    so that he will not hear.

Psalm103:11-12

11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
    so great is his love for those who fear him;
12 as far as the east is from the west,
    so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

13 As a father has compassion on his children,
    so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him;

O - The Lord can and does save the lost.  Despite a person's iniquities God see's and hears us because Jesus has reconcilled us with the Father.  God's love for us is so great He gave His only Son as a living sacrifice.   For those who fear Him, the Lord has compassion and mercy for them. 

A -   I have stumbled and lost my ways and this has led to a season which has felt like I have walked alone. But today I am reminded that God is not far away.  He is present and aware of my circumstances.  He listens and hears my prayers when I come with a humble and repentant heart.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I come to you with a humble posture seeking your face and your wisdom and guidance for my life.  Lord I repent of my sinful ways and look to you for my sanctification. I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment