Friday, July 15, 2022

The Lord's discipline

​s-Heb 12:5-6 niv

“My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline,
    and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,
because the Lord disciplines the one he loves,
    and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.”[a]

O - Paul here exhorts the people to take the Lord's discipline seriously but to not be down during a season of discipline.   The Lord disciplines us because He loves us to much to allow us to wander far from Him.  Just like us as parents we desire our children to behave for their own good.  It brings sadness to our hearts when they don't and we love them too much to let them stay in their disobedient ways.  God loves us too, beyond our sinful selves he looks and loves us.

A - The application for me is to take my season of discipline and correction with a positive outlook that God still loves me and pursues me even in my disobedience.  My job is to have a teachable and correctable spirit and follow the promptings of His Holy Spirt in me.  

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for your discipline and correction.  I am so sorry that I have wandered away from your ways and have sinned in my life.  I pray you will help me correct my ways and be your son once again.  I pray for those I have sinned against that you would give them comfort, peace and healing.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment