Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Restoration back to God's love and design for His people

Restoration back to God's love and design for His people

S -  Genesis 8:15-17 (NIV)
15 Then God said to Noah, 16 “Come out of the ark, you and your wife and your sons and their wives. 17 Bring out every kind of living creature that is with you—the birds, the animals, and all the creatures that move along the ground—so they can multiply on the earth and be fruitful and increase in number on it.”

Luke 3:4-6
 As it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet:

“A voice of one calling in the wilderness,
‘Prepare the way for the Lord,
    make straight paths for him.
Every valley shall be filled in,
    every mountain and hill made low.
The crooked roads shall become straight,
    the rough ways smooth.
And all people will see God’s salvation.’”[a]


O -  A fresh new start,   after a period of darkness and fading from God and his ways.  These are the two common themes we see here with Noah and John the baptist.   In each situation God had provided a foundation for which to stay close to Him, and to live in His Holy ways in communion with Him.  In each case over time there was a drifting away from the Lord.   In each case God, despite his disapproval of how His creation was living,  found a method and means for their salvation.   This is the character of our God, who loves us, and seeks for us to live in Holy communion with Him.

A -  The application for me is that I confess I too have wandered from God and His ways.   While yes, I have attempted to stay near enough, I have allowed my relationship with Him to grow in distance from a level of closeness I once experienced.   This has resulted in changes in my relationships with my wife, kids, friends, and acquaintances.    But the loving God I serve, and claim my salvation from remains available for me to draw back to.   In this next season,  it is my solemn prayer, and hearts desire draw closer to him.  

P - Dear heavenly father thank you for your redemption and you love.   I know your word and Holy spirit reign over me and I ask that your holy spirit work in me to help me walk this path set before me.  Holy Spirit please transform my mind to see not the negative that the devil would have me focus on and thus distancing myself from God, and focus on your heavenly perspective.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment