Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Repentance and waiting on the Lord

Repentance and waiting on the Lord
S - psalm 6: 1-4 (NIV)
Lord, do not rebuke me in your anger
    or discipline me in your wrath.
2 Have mercy on me, Lord, for I am faint;
    heal me, Lord, for my bones are in agony.
3 My soul is in deep anguish.
    How long, Lord, how long?
4 Turn, Lord, and deliver me;
    save me because of your unfailing love.

O - First off I am encouraged ever time I read a Psalm like this , which I believe to be David's psalm,  because it come from a man who is after God's own heart.  I see despite the blessings, and love God has shown David,  he goes through different emotional high's and lows just like me.   The difference we see in David though is he confesses and reveals His feelings to the Lord, and speaks God's truth into His requests.

A-  The application for me is to assess myself and see what lessons I can glean from David's confessions and prayer requests.   First off I recognize that setting aside my pride and confessing my anguish, and seeking God's mercy is a big step.  At times I feel if I continue in a season of anguish that God does not care and therefore I need to handle it on my own.  When God's time doesn't meet my wants to be delivered I can distance myself from Him, though he does not distance Himself from me.   

P -  Dear Lord thank you for David's example.   I cry out to you now for deliverence from this season where my faith has flagged, and my passion for following you seems to have faded, and my responsibilities to steward my wife, family, and possesions has not been what you have taught me.   I pray for deliverence from the distractions of the enemy, from depression, and from desire for things of this world that distract me from your ways.  I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment