Wednesday, January 4, 2017


S -  Luke 4:
Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, left the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, where for forty days he was tempted[a] by the devil. He ate nothing during those days, and at the end of them he was hungry.
The devil said to him, “If you are the Son of God, tell this stone to become bread.”

O -   My observation is that, though Jesus is God,  he faced the trials that we do, understands our human condition.   Jesus didn't just fast for 40 days but was tempted by the devil.  In the end He felt hunger the same as we do, and yet shows us where His strength to resist comes from.  The  word of God is how He responds to the devil's temptations.

A - The application for me is this time of my own fasting is to recognize I will be tempted and distracted by the devil, to think and do things that would break down my faith in the Lord, and keep building separation between God and I.   I must follow Jesus' example and not run from the temptations but rather seek the word of God to face my tempations and fears.  

P - Dear Jesus, thank you for your word, your spirit, and your gift of salvation.  I ask for you steadfast protection during this season of fasting and restoration.  My hearts desire is to draw nearre

No comments:

Post a Comment