Friday, January 6, 2017

The attitude of those who Christ is calling to Him

The attitude of those who Christ is calling to Him

S -  Luke 6:17-21 (NASB)

A large crowd of his disciples was there and a great number of people from all over Judea, from Jerusalem, and from the coastal region around Tyre and Sidon, 18 who had come to hear him and to be healed of their diseases. Those troubled by impure spirits were cured, 19 and the people all tried to touch him, because power was coming from him and healing them all.
20 Looking at his disciples, he said:
“Blessed are you who are poor,
    for yours is the kingdom of God.
21 Blessed are you who hunger now,
    for you will be satisfied.
Blessed are you who weep now,
    for you will laugh.

O - There is something comforting about Jesus here as he begins ministering to the lost and broken.   His compassion and his power shown throughout these passages in look begins to draw people to both hear Him speak, because His words alone were comforting and healing, but also to be physically healed.    Jesus here in the beattitudes explains who the lost he is calling to Him.  

A -  Reading God's word again, here in the gospel of Luke, has made me hunger and thirst again for God's healing power of my damaged heart, mind and soul.   I feel drawn to once again come to the foot of Jesus, humbly listen, and seek the spirits healing power to my soul.   I

P - Dear Jesus, thank you for never leaving me, and helping to restore my attitude toward you.  I ask for continued support in and miraculous healing of the damage already done, and the restoration of my spirit.  I pray for protection from the works of the enemy that might seek to drag me back down.

No comments:

Post a Comment