Monday, January 30, 2017

In the hands of God the Potter

S Jeremiah 18
. So I did as he told me and found the potter working at his wheel. 4 But the jar he was making did not turn out as he had hoped, so he crushed it into a lump of clay again and started over.

5 Then the Lord gave me this message: 6 “O Israel, can I not do to you as this potter has done to his clay? As the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are you in my hand. 7 If I announce that a certain nation or kingdom is to be uprooted, torn down, and destroyed, 8 but then that nation renounces its evil ways, I will not destroy it as I had planned. 9 And if I announce that I will plant and build up a certain nation or kingdom, 10 but then that nation turns to evil and refuses to obey me, I will not bless it as I said I would.

O-wow what Clarity God has given to the people through the Prophet Jeremiah of what he will do to them. The nation of Israel have been delivered from slavery in Egypt given great leaders in David and Solomon and yet in this point in history they are falling away from God and not towards him. Worshipping other gods false idols and chasing after with the world and other nations are offering rather than what God is offering. What he is saying hear through Jeremiah is he will not destroy everyone like he did with the great flood but rather like a clay pot that is newly-formed that does not come out as the Potter had designed he will start over again with the same lump of clay and try once again to create his vision for for what the created can be.

A-the application for me is an individual one one in which I must recognize that I am that lump of clay and God is the Potter. Through his process he is shaping me and refining me into the creation that he had designed me to be. Sometimes those beginnings of formation which are so joyful turn into Times of testing in the fire perfecting through the process and yes even freaking down and building back up again so that in the end I can be God's best idea of what my life can be.

P- dear heavenly father I just thank you Lord for this day this scripture and this reminder Lord that you are my Potter who are my Creator and Lord you are seeping me in such a beautiful way that I must learn to embrace the tools of your trade I must learn to yield to your touch I must learn to embrace the process knowing where it all ends. So today Lord I am thankful for the place you have me for the shape you've given me and I just asked that you would continue to find tune for this season where I'm at so that I might serve you and glorify you in all that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment