Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Morning devotions

S psalm 5
3 In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice;
    in the morning I lay my requests before you
    and wait expectantly.
4 For you are not a God who is pleased with wickedness;
    with you, evil people are not welcome.
5 The arrogant cannot stand
    in your presence.
You hate all who do wrong;
6     you destroy those who tell lies.
The bloodthirsty and deceitful
    you, Lord, detest.
7 But I, by your great love,
    can come into your house;
in reverence I bow down
    toward your holy temple.

O -  This psalm simply reminded me of my time with the Lord in the morning doing devotions, reading his word, journaling and praying.   It is an affirmation of His presence with me, His heart for me, and my role to trust and wait patiently on Him.   God is trustworthy, because he created us for his pleasure, but also as evidence by His love for me over my life.  He continues to wait on me to pursue Him, and He offers all that He is when I come surrendered.

A - The application for me is to continue to be encourage and rebuilt through my morning devotional time.  I am reminded that it is in the time following that that I can trust in His love and plan while waiting on His plan to be revealed to me.   

P - Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for showing me your love and grace.   As I recover in this season, I feel  you rebuilding me brick by brick, and I ask that you give me patient endurance, and healing of past wounds that may bind me.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment