Thursday, January 19, 2017

Seeing God work all around us.

S Luke 19
As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it 42 and said, “If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace—but now it is hidden from your eyes. 43 The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. 44 They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.”

O - My observation is that we are all susceptable to not recognizing when God is working in and around us.   God is genuinely pursuing us, and we see here through Jesus eyes, that it makes him sad when people don't recognize His good works.  This case is when Jesus is arriving in Jerusalem on a colt and many of the people are giving praise for His arrival as King and savior, yet the pharisee's are asking Jesus to rebuke these people. 

A - The application for me is to be sure I am seeking the kingdom of God all around me, I recognize Jesus came to reveal himself, and now reigns in heaven at the right hand of God.  I know he has saved me from my past sin, and yet at times I still miss what He is continuing to do all around me.  He has blessed me with a wife who is after His own heart, children that are growing and learning to love him, and a mission field that is ripe for the harvest.   I simply need to see what He is doing all around me and join in.

P -  Lord help me to be once again courageous and jump in with you in the ministry all around me.  Begin by opening the eyes of my heart to help me see what you see, and then join in.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment