Tuesday, January 24, 2017

A new perspective - born again to Christ

S - Luke 24
They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, 3 but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. 4 While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them. 5 In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, “Why do you look for the living among the dead? 6 He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: 7 ‘The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.’ ” 8 Then they remembered his words.

O - The followers of Christ, the messiah,  had not recognized completely the promises of who Jesus was and is.  Likely stricken with grief after watching him arrested, taken away, punished, and then crucified, they had little reflection on the message he had given them when he was with them.   They showed up at his tomb and when they didn't see his body they wondered who stole him.   Quickly God's angels came and reminded them what has happened;  not only was he not stolen, but he has risen in flesh and fulfilled His promise to them.  It was once the angels reminded them that they remembered his words.

A -  The application for me is recognize that though I have the knowledge and benefit of knowing the God's word, God's plan, and know the victory that has already been won in Christ,  I often live as if I forgot those truth's.   I am a child of God,  reborn into His family, by accepting the gift of salvation given to me by Christ.  I know live a new creation, with the Holy Spirit in me, and therefore the circumstances around me come with a new perspective, that of an eternal perspective and recognition I am part of a bigger family now, God's family.   Periodically I need God's word and Holy Spirit to remind me of this so I won't lose perspective of the circumstances around me.  

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's reminder of who I am in Christ.  I pray that the Holy Spirit would help me filter my world view to be that of your world view, to see circumstances around me from a Christ centered perspective.  I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment