Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Knock and He will answer with His best for you

Knock and He will answer with His best for you
S - psalm 4
Tremble and[d] do not sin;
    when you are on your beds,
    search your hearts and be silent.
5 Offer the sacrifices of the righteous
    and trust in the Lord.
6 Many, Lord, are asking, “Who will bring us prosperity?”
    Let the light of your face shine on us.
7 Fill my heart with joy
    when their grain and new wine abound.
8 In peace I will lie down and sleep,
    for you alone, Lord,
    make me dwell in safety

Luke 11
So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

O - The message from the psalmis, and then from Jesus to us,  is that we have a great God, who desires us to seek him, and ask.   Then trust that He is a loving father who hears our prayers, knows what good things we need, and gives us exactly what we need (not necessarily deserve).   In the psalm, David again, helps us to express our emotion to the Lord, but to tremble and wait, but do not sin in your waiting.    Put your trust in the Lord to fill your needs, both physically and spiritually.  To have a full heart is as important as a full stomach, and only the Lord can provide for both.

A -  The application for me is to remember once again that if I focus on meeting my physical needs and desires, rather than seek the Lord, I will find myself in a familiar place of emptiness internally.  I need to seek His provision, and recognize how blessed I am to have received what He has provided.  He loves me and knows what is best.

P - Dear Lord, thank you for your reminders today, and thank you for always listening to my prayers, and answering in a way that is best for me.  Lord thank you for loving me despite my shortcomings, and holding on to me even when I wander far from you.   I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment