Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Encouraged daily

S Hebrews 3:12-14 NASB
Take care, brethren, that there not be in any one of you an evil, unbelieving heart that falls away from the living God. But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called "Today," so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. For we have become partakers of Christ, if we hold fast the beginning of our assurance firm until the end,

O - Here God is telling us through the example of the followers of Moses who wandered the desert for 40 years that their hearts were hardened and they unbelief caused them to fall away from the living God who had saved them.   God gives us advice through the author of Hebrews that we are to encourage each other daily so that we won't be hardened and become lost in deceitful sin. 

A -  The application for me is to recognize that I have allowed unbelief to creep in and have not allowed encouragement on a daily basis from God, His word, the Holy Spirit and fellow believers to pull me away from hardening of my heart.   I need to continue to surround myself with His word, and His people in this time.  

P - Dear heavenly Father, I confess my faith is stumbling , not because you are any different because I have allowed my heart to fall away.  Lord I so desperately want to work my why back to you.  I know I can do all things with you and without you it is a great struggle.  I pray Lord that you strengthen me to walk back toward you, and belief in the truths that you are speaking into my life in times of devotion, and pray that you are with me throughout the day. I pray you help me run to those in my life you would have me look to strengthen my belief,  and be encouraged.

4 comments: