Friday, February 24, 2023

Baring good fruit

​S-‭‭Matthew‬ ‭3‬:‭10 NLT

“Even now the ax of God’s judgment is poised, ready to sever the roots of the trees. Yes, every tree that does not produce good fruit will be chopped down and thrown into the fire.”

O- These are the words of John the Baptist who was speaking to the Pharisee's who had come to hear John speak.  He called them a brood of vipers and spoke these words about the root of the tree of Israel.   He told them if they don't bare good fruit they will be chopped down and thrown into the fire.  This was to lead the people to the tree that bares good fruit from which Jesus came to plant and grow.  

A - The application for me is to be sure I am not like the tree of the Pharisee holding on to the law as my doctrine, but rather following the person of Jesus who came and preached the good news of the Gospel and led me to the understanding and relationship with the Father that is true and righteous. 

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you would be mine vine in which I am rooted and you would help me to bare good fruit.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment