Saturday, March 4, 2023

Jesus yoke

​S-Matthew‬ ‭11‬:‭28‬-‭30‬ ‭NLT‬‬

“Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.””

O- Jesus is preaching to those who would listen that they have been carrying a heavy burden.  The burden of their sins and shortcomings.  They may try to make up for their sins with good works and strict religious behavior but the burden is just to much for anyone to carry.  God knows this and because he loves us and doesn't want us to be stuck in our sin sent his Son to take away our burdens and give us a much lighter yoke to bear.  Rest is needed by us all who toil in our sin, but thanks be to God he has washed us clean of our sins and now only wants our hearts to stay focused on him and to carry on the load he has set aside for us.

A - The application for me is to not pick up burdens that Jesus has already taken away.  I am to seek the Lord's yoke and not the yoke of the world.  I am to focus on the relationships and responsibilities that God has ordained for my life and pour out His love in these relationships, specifically with my wife and two girls.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you would help me to lay down at your feat all of the burdens I am carrying that are not from you.  Help me to have the wisdom and discernment to wear your yoke and lift the burdens you have for me.   I pray this all in Jesus Christ name, Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment