Friday, February 17, 2023

Kindness to our enemies

​S-‭‭Romans‬ ‭12‬:‭20‬ ‭NLT‬‬

“Instead, “If your enemies are hungry, feed them. If they are thirsty, give them something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals of shame on their heads.””

O- Paul here is trying to teach the Romans to love like Christ loved us.   We are to return kindness in the face of opposition from our enemy.   By showing love and kindness we will cause them to be confused at our acts of service and love.  Jesus modeled this on the cross that while there were many who condemned Him ,  he gave His life up so they could be reconciled.  Paul was one of these , whom persecuted the members of the early church,  yet still was able to be reconciled with God through his experience on the road to Damascus.  Jesus chose Paul and showed kindness and mercy to him and those burning coals heaped on him turned Paul toward Jesus and his great sacrifice.

A - The application for me is to remember to be undeservedly kind to those who are against me and follow the example of Christ.  I am to to look to heap burning coals on the head of those who oppose me and oppose God.  Those burning coals though are not literal but metephorical acts of love and kindness.

P- Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord you help me to love my enemies in a way that the love I show them coverts their way of thinking and seeing things, and hopefully see in my love Christ's love for them. I pray al this in Jesus name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment