Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Confessing Jesus is Lord

 S - Romans 10:9-10 NIV

If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved

O - Paul is explaining the way we are to be made right by God.  In particular he is focused on the Israelites who tried to make right by following strictly the law of Moses.  But now that Christ has came there is a new and plentiful way of being reconciled with God and living a saved life.  First you must declare Jesus is Lord with your mouth and in your heart believe God raised him from the dead and you will be saved.  The true sacrifice that Jesus made on the cross is once and forever for those who believe in Him.   If in your heart you believe and with your tongue you confess then God's mercy is over you.

A - The application for me is to remember I have confessed with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord and believe in my heart he was raised from the dead, and now I walk in God's mercy.   My sins have been atoned for by Christ and I now stand reconciled and loved by a Holy Father.  

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you would help me to walk by faith the promises of your redemption of my soul.  I pray you help me walk by faith and not by sight.   I pray all this in Jesus Christ name,  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment