Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Rejoice in trials

​S- Romans 5:3-5 NLT

“We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.”

O- Yes, we can rejoice because when we face trials it helps us grow stronger and to have more endurance.  Endurance develops the strength of our character and grows us confident in the hope of our salvation that is in Christ.  This hope reminds of how much God loves us because he has given us His Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with His love.

A -  The application for me is to rejoice also in my trials because they are growing my endurance and character and give me a hope for the future.  This hope is in the love God pours out into me through his Holy Spirit in my heart.  I am to no longer run and avoid trials but rather embrace them when they come as they are a chance to grow my faith and character. 

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord you help me to remember to rejoice in the problems and trials that I face.  I need to remember that your grace and mercy are with me and your Holy Spirit will guide me.  I pray this in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment