Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Gospel

The Gospel
S -  John 6:35-40 (NASB)
35 Jesus said to them, “ I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst. 36 But I said to you that you have seen Me, and yet do not believe. 37  All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out. 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 39 This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day. 40 For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.”


O - I am reminded today not to forget the gospel.  In my pursuit of knowing and growing a lasting relationship with God I must never forget who Jesus already is in my life, and the promises of God through Christ.  Here Jesus is describing to those who are beginning to follow him just really what the promise of an eternal life through him was available to them.  They came seeking because of his words on the mountain and the miracle of the feeding of five thousand but it is at this time of seeking that he reveals the miraculous truth of salvation through those that come to him.   


A -  Just letting this truth of my salvation by coming to Jesus and that knowing it was the Father who drew me to him, and that it was also the Father who promised that once saved, Jesus would never lose me,  sync in a fresh,  I am encouraged in my spirit to walk this truth, and celebrate this life Jesus has bought for me through his obedience to God and service to all mankind.  The application for me is ground myself in the joy of my salvation,  and the love of the God who holds me in his hands.


P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion and reminder of your good news of which I am partaking in now.    I l thank you Father for the gift of you son Jesus, and Jesus I thank you for the love you have shown me and the everlasting provision you continue to provide.  I pray all this is Jesus name.  




No comments:

Post a Comment