Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Confronting sin

Confronting sin 
S - John 8:10-11 (NASB)
10  Straightening up, Jesus said to her,“Woman, where are they? Did no one condemn you?” 11 She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said,“ I do not condemn you, either. Go. From now on sin no more.”]

John 9
24 So a second time they called the man who had been blind, and said to him, “ Give glory to God; we know that this man is a sinner.” 25 He then answered, “Whether He is a sinner, I do not know; one thing I do know, that though I was blind, now I see.”
...
39 And Jesus said, “ For judgment I came into this world, so that those who do not see may see, and that those who see may become blind.” 40 Those of the Pharisees who were with Him heard these things and said to Him, “ We are not blind too, are we?” 41 Jesus said to them, “ If you were blind, you would have no sin; but since you say, ‘ We see,’ your sin remains. 

O - Jesus now deep into his ministry period appears to be confronting the people much more directly with the truth of who He is and of course, whom they are.    In John 8, we see the pharisee's bring Him an adulturous women whom so they can test Him.  What they were not expecting was a lesson that all have sinned and fallen short.  Jesus shows them it is not judgement, but repentance that they are all called to.  Now Jesus is not soft on the women's sin, even though he does not condemn her, He tells her to sin no more.    In the case of the blind man who is given sight,  again the Pharisee's are looking through the wrong lens, they are looking for Jesus' fault's and not seeing their own being revealed through His actions.   They have all visibility to God's truth through history and scripture, and should be all means be able to recognize the Christ, but this is how Jesus was revealing to them his message is for those who have not seen, and are blind, and the truth of whom He is and His message will be revealed to those who are not stuck in their own personal truth.  Those that will allow God to open their eyes to His Truth , will be freed from their sins.

A -  The application for me is to recognize that I am a sinner, who tends to wander and falls short.  For many years I did wander that path of sin and justified my own actions and own lifestyle. But when the truth came into my life, and I came to understand who Jesus was, and the freedom I have in repentance, and following Him,  I became freed from the bonds of my sin.   I must continue to walk as a free man,  alive in Christ,  following Him now and no longer my slave master sin.   I must not condemn others of their sin as well, but rather pray for them, and lead them to the truth of who Christ is,  a forgiving savior, willing to take away our blindness to our own sin.   Only  He can set people free from their sin, I can only direct them to Jesus.

P -  Dear heavenly Father thank you for freeing me from my sins.  Lord I confess I continue to fall short of your glory each and every day, and while I still sin now and again,  I am thankful that you in me, is stronger than the sin in me, and that I have overcome all bondage through you.  I pray for continued strength and victory over the bondages that continue to distract me from  your plans in my life, and my living a life that is pleasing to you, for your service and glory.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment