Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A future and a hope

A future and a hope
S - Jer 29:11-13 (NASB)
10 “For thus says the Lord, ‘When seventy years have been completed for Babylon, I will visit you and fulfill My good word to you, to bring you back to this place. 11 For I know the plans that Ihave for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and ahope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.

O - This verse written to the captives in Bablyon was to both correct and give hope.  After hearing false prophets tell them they will be rescued soon,  Jeremiah came back with corrections so the exiles would walk in truth.  God wished good for them while in exile, even telling them to be fruitful grow in numbers while in exile, for he did have a plan to return them to Jerusalem and to direct fellowship with Him.

A - The application for me is for my time here in Monterey this feels like a prophetic word for my family.  Abby has received this word previously and I believe I understand now that despite this season that is not as I had falsely prophesied,  it is a part of God's plan, one for our future.  A plan that is calling us back to putting our faith in Him and not in our own hands.  As a family we must continue to seek God in our lives and learn to walk wholly trusting and dependent on Him.   

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart I pray that you would help me and my family walk in this season in Monterey with a renewed hope in what you are doing in our lives.  Lord give us the strength to wait on your deliverance from this season , and the courage to trust and grow through it.   I pay all this in Jesus name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment