Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Plant my roots in Jesus

Plant my roots in Jesus

S - Jer 17:7-11 (NASB)

“ Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord
And whose trust is the Lord.
 “For he will be like a tree planted by the water,
That extends its roots by a stream
And will not fear when the heat comes;
But its leaves will be green,
And it will not be anxious in a year of drought
Nor cease to yield fruit.



“The heart is more deceitful than all else
And is desperately sick;
Who can understand it?
 “I, the Lordsearch the heart,
I test the mind,
Even to give to each man according to his ways,
According to the results of his deeds.
 “As a partridge that hatches eggs which it has not laid,
So is he who makes a fortune, but unjustly;
In the midst of his days it will forsake him,
And in the end he will be a fool.”

O - Jeremiah continues to the prophesy to the people of Judah, upon whom the exile is about to come.  Even though he is foretelling their judgement , he also continues to speak the Lord's truth into their lives, and in it is a message of hope for them if they can find themselves in it.   The message is this part is that if you place you trust in the Lord, and leave it rooted there you will be sustained through all seasons.  If however you become proud due to the things you have or have accomplished as if they were your own then in the end you will realize you have been fooling yourself and you will suffer through the seasons that lie ahead.

A - The application for me is to realize I am in no way greater that the people of Judah that Jeremiah prophesied to.  I must root my trust in Jesus who is in me, that all things come from Him because He is the fountain of living water that never runs dry.    If I am tempted to look upon my own accomplishments and see them as something I have created it I will fall into the folly of the past.   I must continually seek to ensure my roots in the Lord are strong and deep. 

P - Lord I confess I at times see my own accomplishments as from me and not from you.  My pride and self deceit have allowed me to take credit for what truly is your rightfully.  I pray Lord for forgiveness for all that I have credited to myself, and not given you praised and glory for what has always been your abundant provision for my life.  Lord before I knew you, you provided, as I gave my life to your son, you provided, as I have followed you, you have provided.    Lord help me to plant my roots firmly in soil near your living water, that I might once again produce fruit during all seasons.  I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.






No comments:

Post a Comment