Friday, August 24, 2012

Jesus has overcome the world

Jesus has overcome the world

S - 1 John 5:1-4 (NASB)
Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and whoever loves the Father loves the child born of Him.  By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and observe His commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome. For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.

O - John really does give great testimony to the truth of who Jesus is and who we are in Christ.  It is easy to see in his writings this was his purpose for being an Apostle.  Paul's was to go to the gentiles, Peter's to be the solid rock and foundation of the church in Jerusalem to get it all started. But John I believe lived the longest, and wrote the gospel and his letters to educate and enlighten believers exactly who this Jesus was.   The truths revealed in this passage that Jesus was born of God, and those who put their faith in him can overcome the world, and have an eternal love relationship with God.   Up until Jesus it was not possible to overcome the world and to keep his commandments, however, no through Christ, dwelling in us, we are able to overcome the world, and live a life loving God, and his children, by obeying all he commands us.

A - The revelation for me today is that I have all I need already to overcome the world and love God as a child of God.   At times I think I am still in training and development stage of my walk with God,   that one day I will have been transformed enough into his image that the world will not weigh heavily on me.  The truth is that the perfect love of Christ has already overcome the world, and that I am a child of God, and may walk in the peace of knowing that His strength is sufficient in me.   

P -  Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your word from John, may it be sealed to my heart, that I might walk in faith in your promises, and in the truth that you have overcome the world.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment