Thursday, August 16, 2012

Fear of the Lord, the beginning of freedom from fear

Fear of the Lord, the beginning of freedom from fear

S - Psalm 112:1-9 (NASB)

Praise the Lord!
How blessed is the man who fears the Lord,
Who greatly delights in His commandments.
His descendants will be mighty on earth;
The generation of the upright will be blessed.
Wealth and riches are in his house,
And his righteousness endures forever.
Light arises in the darkness for the upright;
He is gracious and compassionate and righteous.
It is well with the man who is gracious and lends;
He will maintain his cause in judgment.
For he will never be shaken;
The righteous will be remembered forever.
He will not fear evil tidings;
His heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.
His heart is upheld, he will not fear,
Until he looks with satisfaction on his adversaries.
He has given freely to the poor,
His righteousness endures forever;

O      -     Fear of the Lord , leads to a strong unfearful heart in the world.    The psalmist describes the unique relationship between God and man.  That if we will only stand in awe of the creator and stay disciplined to his design for our lives (i.e. his commandments) we will naturally live our life with compassion and grace free from fear of that which is going on in the world.  

A -  The application for me is seek to walk in the truth of the psalmist declaration.  Fear the Lord and all his commandments in my life.  Stay disciplined to what I know He has commanded me to do for my service of the kingdom and building up of his people and the church as well as an example for my children and the generations that follow in my family.   I need to practice graciousness, compassion and righteousness in my life, to include a generous nature.    

P -  Lord I want to live in the promises of your word, that by genuine love and fear of who you are, that I might walk free from fear in my life, trusting in your ways  and protection all the days of y life.   I pray Lord that the truth in your word would be planted in my heart.  I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment