Monday, August 20, 2012

Acknowledge the Lord in all things

Acknowledge the Lord in all things

S - Psalm 105 :1-7 (NASB)

Oh give thanks to the Lordcall upon His name;
Make known His deeds among the peoples.
Sing to Him, sing praises to Him;
Speak of all His wonders.
Glory in His holy name;
Let the heart of those who seek the Lord be glad.
Seek the Lord and His strength;
Seek His face continually.
Remember His wonders which He has done

O - The psalm written to encourage Israel to remember, and recognize who God is in their lives.  He had given them the promised land after years of slavery in Egypt, followed by years of wandering the desert.   Along the way he guided and provided for them.  The guidance is wise for them and us today that when we follow these practices of calling up on him,  praising his,  remembering him,  seeking him ,  that we are glad.

A - The application for me is to be ever ready to live out these principles in my life.   My confession is at time I don't feel like doing them for thoughts of being hypocrytical because my heart is not fully behind it.  I think the Lord is telling that it is backwards to think that, that when we sing praises, and seek his face, the feelings will follow.   So daily I will persue calling on his name in prayer, sing songs of prayers during quiet worship time in the morning,  tell those I know around me all that God has done for me in my life and others that I know of and seek him daily for my strength.  

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.   Lord I pray that you would give me strength to follow through with this commitment to live in your ways.  I pray this in Jesus name, Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment