Monday, August 13, 2012

Abide in Christ

Abide in Christ
S - Jeremiah 10:23-24 (NASB)

I know, O Lord, that a man’s way is not in himself,
Nor is it in a man who walks to direct his steps.
24 Correct me, O Lord, but with justice;
Not with Your anger, or You will bring me to nothing.

...

John 14:1-6
 “ Do not let your heart be troubled;believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. And you know the way where I am going.”  Thomas *said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?” Jesus *said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

John 15:1-11
“ I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit.  You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.  Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neithercan you unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and soprove to be My disciples. Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love. 10  If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love. 11  These things I have spoken to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full.

O - Can it be any clear that it is Jesus who came to set things right.   For so many years we, God's children have walked separated from Him.  Being given glimpses of who He is, and at times walking near Him, but all have fallen short prior to Jesus. He is the way and the truth that when we walk with Him we are restored to God.   This yields a life that is fruitful.  Apart from him we can produce nothing of real value, and that is often why our spirit is deflated as we produce fruit of this world but have produced it apart from Jesus.   

A -  The application for me is to correct back to abiding in Christ.   Abide in the word of God, the Holy Spirits's prompting and the limitless love of Jesus.    When I do this I must trust in Him to produce His needed fruit, and die to the influences of the world.  This daily dieing to the world, and seeking to abide in Christ is what I need to keep on track and from wandering from a  path that would take me further from Christ.

 P -  Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your message today into my life.  Thank you for your restorative spirit that you are pouring out into me.   Lord I pray that you would abide in me, and give me the strength and courage to abide in you.  I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment