Sunday, August 5, 2012

Speaking in Truth from the Spirit of God with us

Speaking in Truth from the Spirit of God with us
S - John 6:14-18 (NASB)
14 But when it was now the midst of the feast Jesus went up into the temple, and began toteach. 15  The Jews then were astonished, saying, “How has this man become learned, having never been educated?” 16 So Jesus answered them and said, “ My teaching is not Mine, but His who sent Me. 17  If anyone is willing to do His will, he will know of the teaching, whether it is of God or whether I speak from Myself. 18 He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who is seeking the glory of the One who sent Him, He is true, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.
...
37 Now on the last day, the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying,  If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink. 38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, ‘From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.’” 39 But this He spoke of the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive; for the Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.


O - This battle between righteous knowledge and spirit led truth is one in which we see the people in Jesus time of ministry struggling with.    Jesus during his time of ministry had done much teaching, and even more so directly in the temple where the experts in the law resided.  And when they questioned him they questioned his credentials for teaching, because many of them had spent there lives studying the scriptures and teaching the people.   I believe God purposely did not have Jesus arise from among the Pharisee's and Sadducee's so this very lesson could be understood, that He who speaks led by the spirit of God, and not from the truth of God needs not be formally trained but simple be a willing conduit of God.  For Christians later this came for all through the gift of the Holy Spirit we receive, or the living water that lies within us.   


A - The application for me today is to recognize that though I don't have formal training in ministry that if I am holy spirit led, that I may minister God's truth to my family and those that he places in front of me.   I must be grounded in His word, and connected to His spirit, and most of all be a willing vessel to move where He is moving, and speak that which He is saying. 

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you Lord for this mornings devotion, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you would continue to fill me with your Holy Spirit, so that I may speak your truth and walk in your ways.  In Jesus name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment