Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Daily recalibration



S -  Psalm 118:5 -9 (NASB)
From my distress I called upon the Lord;
The Lord answered me and set me in a large place.
The Lord is for me; I will not fear;
What can man do to me?
The Lord is for me among those who help me;
Therefore I will look with satisfaction on those who hate me.
It is better to take refuge in the Lord
Than to trust in man.
It is better to take refuge in the Lord
Than to trust in princes.
...
v24-26
This is the day which the Lord has made;
Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
25 Lorddo save, we beseech You;
Lord, we beseech You, do send prosperity!
26 Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord;
We have blessed you from the house of the Lord.

1 John 2:15-17,28
15 Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world. 17  The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever.
..
28 Now, little children, abide in Him, so that when He appears, we may have confidence and notshrink away from Him in shame at His coming.

O - All scripture is consistent with who God is .  Today I found words from the Psalms, and words from John to all be encouraging and exhorting me to live a God centered life.  To place my trust in God and not in man,  to love God's creation but not love the world.   To abide in Christ.

A - The application for me is to soak in God's presence and abide in his truth, as written in his word and revealed daily by his holy spirit.  

P- Lord thank you for you word, your spirit, and your truth.  I pray that these scripture would be real to me, would transform my heart and mind.  Lord help me to abide in you, and experience the peace that comes from following you.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment