Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Opening our minds to the scripture

Opening our minds to the scripture

S - Luke 24:44-49 (NASB)

44 Now He said to them, These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.” 45 Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures, 46 and He said to them,Thus it is written, that the Christ would suffer and rise again from the dead the third day, 47 and that repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things. 49 And behold, I am sending forth the promise of My Father upon you; but you are to stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high.”


O -  I truly believe for Jesus' disciples it took the supernatural opening of their mind to reveal the truth of what they experienced with the coming of Christ, his ministry, and his death and resurrection.   Often times we sit back and think how could they not have not have know he was the son of God and that this was all part of a grand plan.  Well the truth is that our very nature, and the effects of the world can dim the light that is in the world, even to the point of us missing it.    Everyday today, we have God's miraculous and supernatural occuring around us and we can be in denial of those things.  But when God reveals to us His truth, in His word, and in our very lives, we begin to fully experience and understand all that He is, and is doing.


A - The application for me is to be mindful of what is happening around me and what is written in God's word.    I am to press in and look for God, and ask His guidance and revelation as to what truth is, and to reveal what is hidden.  


P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's revelation, I am grateful for the fullness of life that you have granted through your revealed son, and your revealed truth.  I thank you for choosing me, and pursuing me, that I might walk in the fullness of your truth.   I pray Lord that you would continue to open my heart, mind, and soul to your truth, whether it be through the sharpening of the gift of discernment and prophesy, or the simple understand of your involvement in the things surrounding me.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment