Friday, January 13, 2012

Kingdom follower and builder principles

Kingdom follower and builder principles
S - Gen 31:13 (NASB)
 13 I am the God of Bethel, where you anointed a pillar, where you made a vow to Me; now arise, leave this land, and return to the land of your birth.’” 


Luke 13:20
20 And again He said, To what shall I compare the kingdom of God? 21 It is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three pecks of flour until it was all leavened.”


O - The first verse from Genesis comes after Jacob spent 20 years away from his brother Esau,  grew a family and a flock.  When God was ready for Him to return, He spoke to Jacob guiding him to return.    20 years after Jacob set the altar to God at Bethel and gave thanks, proclaiming he would tithe to the Lord, the Lord continued to guide Jacob in fulfillment of His promise.  This is how God works with those who are committed to Him.     In the second verse we see Jesus talking about what the Kingdom of God is like.   I like this parable in that it gives a likely picture of what the Kingdom of God is like here on earth.   While God is ever presence,  God's people in which the kingdom of heaven resides, are speckled throughout mankind like leaven.   They are powerful seeds in the community in which incredible growth occurs from within.   


A -  The application for me is to recognize in order to be both a follower of God, and a kingdom of God grower,   I need to follow the example of Jacob (Israel) who honored God who had not just promised but provided for him.   He made a vow to honor God with all that he blessed him with and that was the foundation in which their relationship was built.  I like Jacob need to and want  to honor God with all he has given me,  my family, my job, my resources are from him and my intent is to utilize them for kingdom purposes.   I am reminded also by Jesus leaven parable that I may be few among many that God is trying to reach for the kingdom of God purposes,  I must be confident that God can do much with me though I feel like I am such a small influence.  God can take a little and make much, if I choose to participate with him


P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord for the ministry you have for me that I would steward your resources well, and that I would be the leaven in the community and in the lives of the people you have placed in our near my life.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment