Monday, January 2, 2012

God's graceful plan for us

God's graceful plan for us

S - Gen 3:22-24
 22 Then the LORD God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever”— 23 therefore the LORD God sent him out from the garden of Eden, to cultivate the ground from which he was taken. 24 So He drove the man out; and at the east of the garden of Eden He stationed the cherubim and the flaming sword which turned every direction to guard the way to the tree of life.


O - With alot of help from J. Vernon McGee's commentary I came to understand the grace God has shown here to Adam and Eve.  You see once they ate from the tree of life, they walk now in disobedience of God's command, sin.  God so loved man he would not allow him to eat from the tree of life at that time because he would have walked eternally in sin.  Instead he provided a different,  more difficult yet fair path.  Man would no longer have eternal life by eating of the tree of life, but would have it by sacrifice and atonement.  The rest of the story of the bible is about leading man to the place of final atonement and acceptance of the one true sacrifice that is Christ.


A - The application for me today is really to see the beauty and wholeness of God's plan, as written in God's word.  I am continually amazed at the unwrapping of the scripture that God does for me when I spend time in His word. Today I make a renewed commitment to learn and be mentored by God and His word, so that I might continue to grow in the understanding of who He is, what His promises are, and what His plan for me is.


P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you would continue to teach and grow me, so that I might know you better, and that you might use me for your kingdom purpose.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment