Monday, January 23, 2012

Christ like response to accusations

Christ' response to accusations
S - Luke 23:13-17 (NASB)
13 Pilate summoned the chief priests and the rulers and the people, 14 and said to them, “You brought this man to me as one who incites the people to rebellion, and behold, having examined Him before you, I have found no guilt in this man regarding the charges which you make against Him. 15 No, nor has Herod, for he sent Him back to us; and behold, nothing deserving death has been done by Him. 16 Therefore I will punish Him and release Him.” 17 [Now he was obliged to release to them at the feast one prisoner.]


O - The processes of Jesus' accusers bringing Him to Pilate, and then Herod, and back to Pilate;  accusing Him falsely of inciting rebellion,  and refusing to pay taxes was one in which Jesus examples for us what it means to be the way and the truth. He refused to respond to false accusations, affirmed truth and did not play into the agenda of Herod, or the Jewish council that brought Him there.  Instead He stayed true.


A - The application for me is to understand that the truth is what matters, and Jesus is the truth.  My response to the world and my affirmation of truth and denial of the lies is how I will be known as a disciple of Christ.   I can follow Jesus' example and not create drama when my accusers are baring false witness, but rather with calmness, with truth and love respond to what the world is proclaiming.


P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that your truth would be what I speak, and that your peace and confidence would be displayed through my actions and responses to the world.  I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment