Saturday, April 3, 2010

Where the spirit of the Lord is , there is freedom

Where the spirit of the Lord is , there is freedom.

S - 2 Cor 3:14-18 (NASB)

But their minds were hardened; for until this very day at the reading of the old covenant the same veil remains unlifted, because it is removed in Christ.

15But to this day whenever Moses is read, a veil lies over their heart;

16but whenever a person turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

17Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

18But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.

O - Where the spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. That is a great song to my heart and mind, and a reminder in this scripture that the word of God or the commandments of God can be written and recited, but where his spirit does not dwell, there is a veil hiding His glory even from His word.

A - It means that for me I have to ensure the veil between God and I is lifted, by seeking and embracing His presence when I am going into His word, looking for freedom and restoration. For those that do not yet know Him, there is hope, the hope is found in verse 16 "when a person turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away". I am to help those God puts before me to turn toward the Lord, so the veil might be taken away for them, and His word might be known to them, and they might live in His freedom.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart. I pray Lord that you would continue to lift the veil from my own eyes, that I might know the glory of you found in your word, revealed by your spirit. I pray Lord that you would continue to use me in whatever way you see fit to allow your spirit to draw others to you, so they may walk in the same freedom. I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment