Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Bound to the person of Christ, not the doctrine of man

Bound to the person of Christ, not the doctrine of man
S- Matt :7-9, 17-19 (NASB)
7"You hypocrites, rightly did Isaiah prophesy of you:
8'THIS PEOPLE HONORS ME WITH THEIR LIPS,
BUT THEIR HEART IS FAR AWAY FROM ME.
9'BUT IN VAIN DO THEY WORSHIP ME,
TEACHING AS DOCTRINES THE PRECEPTS OF MEN.'"
...
17"Do you not understand that everything that goes into the mouth passes into the stomach, and is eliminated?

18"But the things that proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and those defile the man.

19"For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders.

O - These verses got me all torn up inside, because in one way I am so in agreement that this is why I shy away from religious organizations because eventually they all begin forming and teaching doctrines that come from man's head and heart, and not God's word. On the other side, I am that man, who out of my heart, through my own mouth I say and do unrighteous things. So the turnmoil is this, what can and should I do not to be a part of the problem, and add my doctrine to bound those around me, and how can I help contribute to my home church to ensure we are ridding ourselves of any doctrines that are precepts of men.

A - The application for me comes from the Lord, and is basic, He would have me be bound to a person (Jesus), and not a doctrine or set of rules, he would have me bound to a relationship (with God), and not an organization, He would have me use the gifts of discernment, leadership, and guidance of the holy spirit to operate in the spiritual and natural area's of life simultaneous, balancing the wisdom of the spirit to the realities of the natural.

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart. I pray Lord that you would continue to lead and guide me in your ways. I pray for a growing relationship with you, and a continued and growing partnership with your Holy Spirit, for guidance, wisdom, and discernment. I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment