Sunday, April 25, 2010

Being faithful to keeping the word of the Lord

Being faithful to keeping the word of the Lord

S - 1 Chron 10: 13-14 (NASB)

13 So Saul died for his trespass which he committed against the LORD, because of the word of the LORD which he did not keep; and also because he asked counsel of a medium, making inquiry of it,

14and did not inquire of the LORD. Therefore He killed him and turned the kingdom to David the son of Jesse.

O - So there is a great lesson here, one which we learned from Moses as well, you may be anointed by God to lead his people, but failure to keep the commands of God has consequences. It is not always immediate the affects of disobedience, but it is a slow fade. Saul's disobedience in not killing all the Amalekites when the Lord directed him to (he kept some alive, and some of their spoils he kept for himself). How often do I disobey a word from the Lord to me. How long have I been paying for my past direct and deliberate disobedience of a word from the Lord. Thank God I have Christ as my mediator with God, he recognizes my imperfection, and transgression and has paid the price for my sins even before I have committed them.

A - The application for me is to recognize that I can struggle to trust and stick to the command and promises of a word from the Lord. I have been known to get discouraged by circumstances that surround me and go back to the ways that are comfortable to me. The Lord would have me know two truth's:

1. He is trustworthy and capable of keeping His promises. I must walk in that trust, that when he commands me to do something, he is with me, and capable of seeing the promise through.

2. There is grace, and thanks to a relationship with Christ, we can fail and still come back to the Father in repentance and receive forgiveness when we fall short.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your word today to me. I am thankful for your committed relationship with me, because I know I am weak, and you are strong, and that your grace is sufficient to cover all my shortcomings. I pray Lord for strength to keep your commands given to me, to see you will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment