Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A personal decision for faith for our descendants

A personal decision for faith for our descendants

S- Matt 8:11-12 (NASB)

11 I say to you that many will come from east and west, and recline at the table with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven;

12but the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

O - Jesus said this after the centurion showed a faith in Him greater than any in Israel. What he was pointing out was that the truth of who He is and the faith of that is more important than being a descendant of Abraham or Jacob. As it turned out there were believers who came from the nation of Israel, but many descendants did not, and still have not reached the understanding of and faith in who Jesus is. The consequence of that will be they will not be where they thought they should be in the kingdom of heaven, and others not from Israel will be, simply because in their faith in Christ.

A - The application for me is to recognize being a descendant of a believer in Christ, is not faith enough for the entire family. We each have to know, believe, and have faith in the one true God and His son, Jesus Christ, who was sent to die for our sins, and reconcile us to the Father in Heaven. For my kids I must ensure I point them in the direction of a decision to have a relationship with Christ, and not let my faith prevent them from developing their own faith.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's devotion, may it be sealed to my heart. I pray Lord that you would reach for Ashlyn's and Chloe's hearts, and capture them like you have captured me, so that they may know you, love you, and have their own faith in you. I pray you would guide me as a father, to know how to shepherd them well. I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment