Monday, April 26, 2010

Sons of good and evil all mixed together

Sons of good and evil all mixed together
S - Matt 13:30 (NASB)
30Allow both to grow together until the harvest; and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather up the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them up; but gather the wheat into my barn."'"

O - I guess this feels like a word of encouragement from the Lord in that He is letting me see why there is still evil in this world. This parable shows us that evil in the world is planted by Satan amongst God's people, and when Christ comes again for the great harvest he will gather all up and separate the good from the evil, destroying once and for all Satan and his followers from those Christ has called to be with Him in eternity with the Father.

A - The application for me is simply an understanding that we will grow up with evil in the world around us. My instincts are like the hands in the parable who asked if they should just go pull up all the tares, and the master answered not to because do so may also damage the harvest, and therefore it is best to wait and gather them all at the same time, and then separate them out. This simply means for me I am to understand that evil exists, and that while I don't have to accept it, I do have be aware that I can't rid all evil from surrounding my life or that of my family, friends, or those I lead. Rather I am to trust in Him and wait for the harvest, and allow God to separate the good from the evil.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart. I pray Lord for discernment between the good and evil that is in the world, so that I may avoid the evil and cling to the good all the days of my life. I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment