Friday, April 23, 2010

Freely we received, no freely we should give

Freely we received, no freely we should give
S - Matt 10:8 (NASB)
"Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons. Freely you received, freely give.

O - The Lord has so freely given me freedom, healing, restoration, and forgiveness in my life and now he is calling me to ministry. His ministry, to reach the world, and when I do so I must recognize it is about giving and not receiving when it comes to ministry, because when we were ministered to we freely received, in other words, in a was a gift from God that required no payment or no cost us nothing.

A - SO the Lord would have me ensure that when I server, when I minister I do so at no obligation to those I am serving, that it is an expense I must be willing to pay ahead of time. Just as Jesus paid for my sins on the cross prior to me even committing them, I must ensure when I decide to go a serve and minister to people I do so with the heart and expectation it will cost me something, and I must not begrudge or hold to account that person for what they owe, I must "freely give" just as Christ freely gave and I freely received.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you Father for your free gift of life and love and grace over my past. I pray Lord that you would help me to keep the correct perspective in leading and serving others that I would do so with the heart to freely give, because I freely received from you. I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment