Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Removing the log from my eye

Removing the log from my eye
S - Matt 7:1-5 (NASB)
1"Do not judge so that you will not be judged.
2"For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.

3"Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?

4"Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' and behold, the log is in your own eye?

5"You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

O - I have an odd feeling that I have a hard time changing my perspective and looking at my own weaknesses in situations. I have clarity of what I see in front of me and in others, but lack vision into what is in me. This scripture reminds me of my perspective change that I need to have in life. You see our own garbage will cloud how we perceive things and therefore we can never be sure we are seeing the truth of a situation.

A - The principle is simple, do not judge, so that you will not be judged. But what is funny is the Lord recognizes that we will fall short of this, and so he reminds us to remove the log out of our eye before we look at the speck in our brother's eye. This is simply a way of telling us to focus on ourselves we have a lifetime of self introspection and correction to do, so why are we concerned with others flaws. The Lord would have me seek him to point out my own barriers to seeing the truth of situations when I find myself leaning toward judging others.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart. I pray Lord that you would reveal today, any log's that are in my eye, clouding the view of your truth about the people and situations in my life. I pray Lord for the patience and endurance to work through what is in me that is preventing me from seeing your truth, and speaking life and not condemnation into people and situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment