Monday, April 5, 2010

Called as Ambassadors for Christ

Called as Ambassadors for Christ
S - 2 Cor 5;10 (NASB)
Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.

O - We are ambassadors for Christ. I like that description of who we are as Christians. We are all things for Christ, and he may use us in any way he pleases, because of who He is, our Lord and Savior, but he chooses to give us the noble role of Ambassador. It is a diplomatic role rather than dictator role. A role in which we offer to those who don't know Christ a invitation to meet and know Him, to ask questions of and seek assistance from Christ, without fear of repercussion or persecution.

A - The application for me is to recognize the role I play in ushering people to meet, discover, and formally know Christ. I am an Ambassador, and such a role comes with great responsibility, to represent Christ and His Kingdom properly, to act on His behalf, and to encourage peaceful relationships, not separation with those He he has appointed us Ambassador to.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart. I pray Lord that you would enable me to be an effective ambassador of your kingdom. I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment