Saturday, May 1, 2010

Stop... seek God before making leadership decisions

Stop... seek God before making leadership decisions
S- 1 Cor 14:10 (NASB)
10David inquired of God, saying, "Shall I go up against the Philistines? And will You give them into my hand?" Then the LORD said to him, "Go up, for I will give them into your hand."

O - I am so impressed how each and every time David went up against an enemy or faced a challenge he turned toward the Lord. At this point, he had already defeated Goliath, killed bears, lions, survived Saul's attempts to kill him, and been crowned King of all of Israel, and yet he had developed a close relationship and dependence on God and not himself. This is likely my weakness, is that in extreme circumstances I cry out to God for a solution to my problems, when all along I should have simply ask for God's guidance at the beginning , and would have avoided the problem from the start.

A - The application for me is to realize that I need to be the dependent leader David was, and take pause to seek guidance on decisions in which I am going into "battle" against an obstacle I am unsure if I will be successful against. For me, my personality is to see obstacles and want to bulldoze my way through them; however, I must be sure this is God's will and path for dealing with the situation. Like David , I must ask "Lord shall I go up against this ... [obstacle]", and then wait on the Lord's response, and act accordingly.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart. I pray Lord you would send your spirit to prompt me when my flesh wants to charge forward and bulldoze, without giving pause to seek your guidance. I thank you for grace, over all my past, and pray for the wisdom to stop and seek you in all things. I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment