Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Walking daily in the trust of God's provision

Walking daily in the trust of God's provision
S - Ex 16:4 (NASB)
Then the LORD said to Moses, "Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a day's portion every day, that I may test them, whether or not they will walk in My instruction.


O - Living day to day on God's provision is the goal, it is the way God designed our relationship to be.  You see God does want us to walk with him daily, trusting in the relationship and who He is.  I think of this relationship much like that of my daughters or my dog Koa.  The greatest love is felt from these who trust in me for their provision and day to day care.  That is why children really do come closest to the heart God desires us to have.  Before the ways and worries of the world have taken over, they fully trust in their care and provision to their parents.  So God here, knowing that the relationship he designed the people of Israel was one of love and trust in Him, he chose to provide for them on a daily basis while they wandered the desert, in order to draw them back to the original love relationship.

A -  The application for me is to begin breaking down the burdens I have laid upon myself for my own provision.  I am to trust in God's provision more and more until I can truly walk in faith and confidence in God's daily provision for me, my family, and the ministry he has called me to.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you would help me to strip the layers of insecurity that remain in me, so that I might grow to fully trust you in all things.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment