Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Trusting in God's provision

S - Luke 12:27-28 (NASB)


 27"Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; but I tell you, not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these.
 28"But if God so clothes the grass in the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, how much more will He clothe you? You men of little faith
...
 34"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
O - God's provision is absolute... but I still struggle to trust at times.  I love living under God's provision, because it is a life that is focused on His purposes, and given His peace.   The example Jesus gives us of the lilies and the grass in the field that is so well made and provision, yet also so short lived, and simple in design.  We are God's creation, in his image, and the very people God love's.   How is it possible to think that God couldn't or wouldn't provision us with a life of sufficient abundance.   Verse 34 "where you treasure is , there you heart will be also"  is the key to why God does provision us... it is so we can focus on him, and his kingdom.  If we are focused on our own provision we will tend to store up treasures on earth out of fear of not enough, but when we focus on the bigger picture, God's kingdom, we are set free from the bondages of the world, and released to leave a life of peace and fulfillment.

A - The application for me is to understand that the more I release to God my own life's provision, the more I will be focused on his kingdom purposes, and live a life fullfilled and full of peace.

P - I pray Lord that you would help me to surrender my grip on my own provision, to faithfully put my life's provision in your hand.   I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment