Monday, January 11, 2010

God's grace sufficient to cover our early mistakes


S - Genesis 27:20 (New American Standard Bible)


 20Isaac said to his son, "How is it that you have it so quickly, my son?" And he said, "Because the LORD your God caused it to happen to me."
O -  I think God revealed this verse to me not so I can use it to condemn others, or judge Jacob for utilizing the Lord's name as the cause of some untruth we have done. In fact the rightness of this act is not at all complicated,  Jacob lied,  and God is truth and therefore God had no part in what Jacob was saying or doing.  But despite that God was true to his promise to Abraham, and Jacob would receive God's blessing and covering, and he would make the nation of Israel from him, and from that nation would come the Messiah.  

A -  So what is the take away from this verse.   I believe it is grace.  God's grace is sufficient to  cover even the most deceitful acts of his people.  Jacob eventually would become a great leader, but notice at this early age he is still influenced by his mother, and his needs, but later is much more submitted to the guidance and leadership of the Lord.  And there it is for me, I must recognize that those younger men and women who have a calling on their life, will stumble, and head in the wrong direction.  I must remember that God's grace is sufficient to cover that.  Their calling is not slowly erased with each mistake,  but their character must be molded and shaped into a character God can work with.   As we venture out to do kingdom work, we must become more and more dependent on God to guide us, and less dependent on our ability to make it all happen ourselves.

P - Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for today's devotion, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you would help me to ensure my motives and actions are grounded in you, and not me deceiving others in your name.  I pray you  would help me to mentor and cover your upcoming leaders with your grace and love, and guidance.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment