Sunday, January 31, 2010

Moses, an early testimony of Christ

Moses, an early testimony of Christ
S - Acts 7:37-40 (NASB)
   "This is the Moses who said to the sons of Israel, 'GOD WILL RAISE UP FOR YOU A PROPHET LIKE ME FROM YOUR BRETHREN.'
 38"This is the one who was in the congregation in the wilderness together with the angel who was speaking to him on Mount Sinai, and who was with our fathers; and he received living oracles to pass on to you.
 39"Our fathers were unwilling to be obedient to him, but repudiated him and in their hearts turned back to Egypt,
 40SAYING TO AARON, 'MAKE FOR US GODS WHO WILL GO BEFORE US; FOR THIS MOSES WHO LED US OUT OF THE LAND OF EGYPT--WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM.'

O -  Up to know I never realized how representative of the Christ to come Moses really was.   He was born into the royal family in Egypt for the purpose of saving his people,  he however was rejected by them early on.   Even after receiving the word of God directly from God and coming to save them they resisted him.  Even after performing many miracles in bringing them out of captivity and leading them to the promised land, they rejected him.   This scripture is from Stephen's testimony to the pharisee's who are persecuting him.  He speaks it to help them recognize their own rejection of Christ, much like the Israelites rejection of Moses.

A - The application for me is still to recognize the pharisee that can live in me, and others.  No I am not to condemn, but convict.  I am to offer God's testimony through who he is and what He has already done, and the recognition of how his people have responded.   The following principles apply to me now, and need to be strengthened to ensure I don't miss God when he show's up and speaks into my life:
1.  Recognize Jesus as the prophet God has sent for me -  The principles of loving God and loving others are not things I am to consider good goals to shoot for, picking and choosing when I will be obedient to them, but rather principles I am to be obedient to because God has spoken through Jesus directly to me.
2.  Recognize the future prophesy that is to come, as real -  I can't relate to the book of Revelations at times, but I must recognize the promises of God through His revelations in Christ.  We are on a journey back to a New Jerusalem,  a heaven on Earth, in which God will once and for all restore His creation back to His original design, in constant fellowship with Him, with no wants and needs, in perfect peace, in the presence of His glory.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's devotion, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that I continue to maintain your eternal perspective of who you are and who Jesus is in my life, when facing tough decisions in the world.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment